Local Area Information
The location of Winllan Farm makes it an ideal base for day trips out to most of south west and mid Wales.
The Cardigan Bay coastline, with it's numerous beaches and coves, including the coastal resorts of New quay and Aberaeron are just twenty five minutes drive from the farm. The ever popular Victorian seaside resort of Aberystwyth is a day out not to miss. For places to visit, the University Town of Lampeter is just ten minutes and the market town of Newcastle Emlyn is half an hour.
For the active person there are country, coastal and mountain routes for walkers and cyclists, and a selection of horse riding stables close by.
For families, we provide an extensive selection of tourist information of nearby tourist attractions in our utility block..
- We would recommend the Dolaucothi goldmine at Pumsaint to explore underground, https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/dolaucothi-gold-mines
- Vale of Rheidol narrow gage Steam Railway.http://www.rheidolrailway.co.uk
- Red-Kite feeding at Nant yr Arian.http://www.visitmidwales.co.uk
- Aberystwyth. Cliff railway and camera obscura, http://www.cardigan-bay.com/cliff-railway
- llanerchaeron House. National Trust property, there's a good cafe and wooded dog walk by the river, or 2 miles into Aberaeron on the coast. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/llanerchaeron
- Aberaeron. Picturesque and charming Georgian port town. one of our favourite places. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/llanerchaeron
- The museum of internal fire, big old engines a must for the old petrol (and diesel) heads.http://www.internalfire.com
- Sculpture heavens, a very interesting place, with a nice garden and tea room.http://www.sculptureheaven.co.uk
- Pembury Park Huge area of park see the list below. Click the link for the website.
- Eight miles of golden sands at Cefn Sidan.
- 550 acres of idyllic woodlands.
- 350 caravan/camping pitches (120 with electric) plus seasonal lets.
- The longest toboggan run in Wales.
- 130 metre long Dry Ski Slope.
- Forest adventure playground.
- Manicured parkland for frisbee, cricket, and football.
- Large adventure playground.
- Outdoor Laser Tag.
- Picnics & designated BBQ sites.
- 8 Wildlife trails with set routes plus beach walks.
- Natural parkland.
- Visitors Centre.
- Beach kiosk.
- Sea fishing facilities.
- Corsican pine forest.
- Conservation pond with bird hides.
- Cycle Hire.
- Horse Riding.
- Pitch and Putt.
- Crazy Golf.
- Miniature Steam Railway.