Local Area Information
The location of Winllan Farm makes it an ideal base for day trips out to most of south west and mid Wales.
Lampeter is our nearest town with supermarkets, cafe's, butchers, bakers, pubs and takeaways.
- Winllan farm in the county of Ceredigion (formerly Cardiganshire) with broad range of places to visit.http://www.discoverceredigion.co.uk
- Cardigan bay coast. 25 minutes, 13 countryside miles away. http://www.cardigan-bay.com/
- Pembrokeshire. Is only 45 minutes away, accèss all areas in around 1 hour 30 minutes or less. http://www.visitpembrokeshire.com/
- Brecon Beacons. Is only 45 minutes away, accèss all areas in around 1 hour 30 minutes or less. http://www.breconbeacons.org/
- Carmarthenshire. Is only 10 minutes away, the fabulous 7 mile beach and country park is around 60 minutes drive. http://www.discovercarmarthenshire.com/
- The Coast Path. With some of the most stunning sections of cost path available to you, your spoilt for choice. http://walescoastpath.gov.uk/
- National Botanic Gardens Wales and the Britsh Bird of Prey centre offer a great day outnaround 45 mins drive. https://botanicgarden.wales/
- The Cardigan Bay coastline, with it's numerous beaches and coves, including the coastal resorts of New quay, Aberaeron and Aberystwyth are between twenty five and 40 minutes drive from the property.
You can check tide times via:
For places to visit, the University Town of Lampeter is just ten minutes and the market town of Newcastle Emlyn is half an hour.
For the active person there are country, coastal and mountain routes for walkers and cyclists, and a selection of horse riding stables close by.
For the more craft minded, try a day at our neighbours Alpaca farm - offering Basket weaving, spinning and therapy craft days. For information and prices check out www.birdfarmalpacas.com
For families, we provide an extensive selection of tourist information of nearby tourist attractions in our utility block..
- We would recommend the Dolaucothi goldmine at Pumsaint to explore underground, https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/dolaucothi-gold-mines
- Vale of Rheidol narrow gage Steam Railway.http://www.rheidolrailway.co.uk
- Red-Kite feeding at Nant yr Arian.http://www.visitmidwales.co.uk
- Aberystwyth. Cliff railway and camera obscura, http://www.cardigan-bay.com/cliff-railway
- llanerchaeron House. National Trust property, there's a good cafe and wooded dog walk by the river, or 2 miles into Aberaeron on the coast. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/llanerchaeron
- Aberaeron. Picturesque and charming Georgian port town. one of our favourite places. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/llanerchaeron
- The museum of internal fire, big old engines a must for the old petrol (and diesel) heads.http://www.internalfire.com
- Sculpture heavens, a very interesting place, with a nice garden and tea room.http://www.sculptureheaven.co.uk
- National Botanical Garden of Wales https://botanicgarden.wales/ inculding The British Bird of Prey Centre https://www.britishbirdofpreycentre.co.uk/
- Pembury Park Huge area of park see the list below. Click the link for the website.
- Eight miles of golden sands at Cefn Sidan.
- 550 acres of idyllic woodlands.
- The longest toboggan run in Wales.
- 130 metre long Dry Ski Slope.
- Forest adventure playground.
- Manicured parkland for frisbee, cricket, and football.
- Large adventure playground.
- Outdoor Laser Tag.
- Picnics & designated BBQ sites.
- 8 Wildlife trails with set routes plus beach walks.
- Natural parkland.
- Visitors Centre.
- Beach kiosk.
- Sea fishing facilities.
- Corsican pine forest.
- Conservation pond with bird hides.
- Cycle Hire.
- Horse Riding.
- Pitch and Putt.
- Crazy Golf.
- Miniature Steam Railway.